[mobile-devel] AndBible 2.00 enhancements

SonWon sonwon.1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 16:08:49 MST 2011

Martin,

The new grid selection is awesome+++++++++.

I loaded a new OS on the phone and the verse changes when I scroll now.  ;)

Comments in red below:

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Martin Denham <mjdenham at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> These are good ideas.
>
> *New Passage*
> I think that eventually there will be a link to change passage from the top
> toolbar.  It has been requested before but I tend to work in isolated areas
> between releases.

Tap the title and up pops the navigation grid.

> *Verse Nav*
> Again a popular request.  I have a theory that some people (theological
> students?) go direct to verses whereas people like me normall go to a
> chapter, read it and then got to the next chapter.  So my plan is to have a
> Verse/Chapter nav Option setting because I think some people will nearly
> always go to a verse and some nearly always to a chapter.  What do you think
> of my theory?  The alternative would be to allow some sort of easy/quick way
> of switching modes between verse/chapter nav.

When I listen to a sermon I usually go directly to a verse.  My vote is to
add an additional grid for the verse selection.  So +1 to the above.  I
would want this done with the fewest taps as possible,  I think no more than
4 taps. 1. to open grid 2, 3, & 4 to select book, chapter, and verse.