[mobile-devel] applying and BUG reports

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sat Jan 22 07:48:33 MST 2011

On 22/01/11 14:30, מיכאל בר-דוד wrote:

> The 3 files attached. For the JSword file, I didn't get the encoding
> trick, so I wrote the whole file in UTF-8, and you might be able to
> convert it.

The encoding can be done by using a tool called uni2ascii

> For the and-bible translation: what is strong?

Strong's numbers are a reference system by some ancient pastor called
Strong who numbered each Hebrew and Greek word in the original texts and
cross referenced it with (initially) the KJV. The system allows to
create concordances which do not cause false connections dt the same
word being used to translate two different ones in the original languages.

Essentially it is a pointer/reference system. To my mind the actual
numbers have no business to be visible in any Bible application, which
should simply show which underlying Greek/Hebrew word was translated
here - but this would possibly go against the grain of those who in
pre-computer times used the tool to simplify original language word studies.

But to return to the actual question - as it is a proper name it needs
to be transliterated rather than translated.

Peter