[mobile-devel] applying and BUG reports

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 06:58:59 MST 2011

Hi Michael,

It is good to hear from you and if you have time I think your experience in
Hebrew will be valuable not just for And Bible but in the Hebrew modules
used by all the (J)Sword applications.

RTL is very problematic on currently versions of Android but I think the
current source in svn should have been corrected and I plan to make another
build available soon and definitely before the end of January.  When
implementing Strong's Number links in 0.14 the numbers confused the Android
rtl algorithm and I switched it off as I did not believe it was working
correctly anyway.  Recently I discovered, by working with one of your fellow
countrymen, that rtl works fine for Hebrew books that do not contain vowels.
 The next build restores the rtl and also strips vowels from Hebrew
documents before displaying them and I have been told that it works great
now on all books even with Strong's included.

Have you found the source
code<http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2FAndBible>yet?
 There are some very brief instructions on how to build the source
here <http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/wiki/CompilingAndBibleSourceCode>.

Pinch to zoom would be nice.  Although I am personally finding the amount of
touches that are possible a bit confusing and when I mean to scroll down the
context menu sometimes pops up.  So I am concerned that there we are getting
to a stage where too many touches are conflicting.  But, having said that,
still pinch-to-zoom would be nice if it could not be confused with other
touch types.

Recently a thread
<http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/2011-January/035608.html>was
started on the sword-devel mailing list relating to the Modern Hebrew Bible
which apparently is not Delitzsch, which we are informed would be desirable,
and that there are also several versions of Delitzsch, of which a modern
version would be best.  I don't know if you would like to contribute your
knowledge to that thread and I don't know how others who responded to that
thread have fared since but I thought you might be interested.

Best regards
Martin