[mobile-devel] Bible - Tree navigation for General Books

Brian J. Dumont bdumont at ameritech.net
Sun Feb 27 14:27:43 MST 2011

On 02/25/2011 05:47 PM, Martin Denham wrote:
> I have started to think about supporting General Book modules in And
> Bible.  General books have Keys that are in a tree structure and I
> notice that BibleDesktop and Xiphos use a tree component that can
> expand to any number of levels to display the keys/navigation
> control/index/list of contents.  With some books this list can be up
> to 4 levels deep e.g. Summa Theologica: FS/i/Q1/A1.
EarlyFathers goes 6 levels deep in many places; which is the limit of
ThML support.  I don't think that OSIS has a limit on tree depth.

> The closest thing to a tree that Android provides is an Expandable
> List control but that can only have 2 levels.  We could possibly use a
> series of lists or spinners but I think that would look fairly poor
> but I don't really want to code my own tree control.
Have you looked at the "arrows" controllability in Xiphos?  You can go
up the tree, down the tree, next element or last element.  For general
reading it works quite well.  I think that a series of lists for more
complete browsing would be a good alternate route, though.

In Christ,
Brian

The question is not "Have you accepted Jesus into your heart", but "Has
Jesus accepted you into His heart?"; not "have you given your whole
life for God", but "has God given His whole life for you"
	- Pr Bryan Wolfmueller, 2010