[mobile-devel] Bible - Tree navigation for General Books

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 15:47:08 MST 2011

I have started to think about supporting General Book modules in And Bible.
 General books have Keys that are in a tree structure and I notice that
BibleDesktop and Xiphos use a tree component that can expand to any number
of levels to display the keys/navigation control/index/list of contents.
 With some books this list can be up to 4 levels deep e.g. Summa Theologica:
FS/i/Q1/A1.

The closest thing to a tree that Android provides is an Expandable List
control but that can only have 2 levels.  We could possibly use a series of
lists or spinners but I think that would look fairly poor but I don't really
want to code my own tree control.

So I am asking for ideas.  I would be interested to know what approach
PocketSword takes to GenBook navigation or maybe somebody has seen another
app that displays a hierarchical data structure that they could point me to.