[mobile-devel] i18n for chinese version for android and-bible

Guan YC yc.guan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 19:12:15 MST 2010

Thank you!  Martin

the automated translation ( are you using motodevstudio? ) is ok for most
parts,

only the translated words for "book, chapter, verse" is not the same as what
we Chineses usually use, and that would cause trouble for most non-techy
users.

and other minor modifications are needed

I've translated string.xml from trunk to Chinese and attached it.

Regards

Guan YC

2010/10/18 Martin Denham <mjdenham at gmail.com>

> Hi Guan,
>
> Thanks for correcting the translation.  I have now replaced the automated
> translation with your version.  I notice that you had to make changes to 18
> of the 45 strings.  As a guide to the quality of automated translation could
> you comment on whether there were any serious errors in the automated
> translation that would have rendered it unusable?
>
> Also, if you have time, the version of strings.xml that you translated is
> actually somewhat out of date now and I wonder if you could translate the
> latest version from the trunk here:
> http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/source/browse/trunk/AndBible/res/values/strings.xml
>
> Kind regards
> Martin
> 2010/10/18 Guan YC <yc.guan at gmail.com>
>
>> hi *Martin *and Guys,
>>
>> the android app is great and promising!
>>
>> i have modified the i18n for chinese version( Im Chinese), the strings.xml
>> for simpilified chinese is attached!
>>
>> and  later maybe some code,
>>
>> Regards!
>>
>> Guan YC