[mobile-devel] Market

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 03:33:17 MST 2010

I like to keep you guys informed.  I uploaded a build to App Market
yesterday and, so far, I haven't had a huge list of grumbles or errors but
one positive comment, in Polish (see below), and 2 good star rankings so I
think I may leave it there, at least for the moment.

Here is the comment: Nareszcie biblia w polskim języku. Czytnik przyjemny w
użyciu, przydałyby się jeszcze przegląd biblii tysiąclecia, ale póki co
dzięki i za to.

If it stays on App market then you may decide it is easier to install from
there.

I will update you in a few days on how it is going but yesterday there were
about 140 installs with 70% being retained and 2 errors, one of which I
fixed.  The stats seem to go in unexpected jumps and yesterday, even though
there was 1 comment and 2 errors there was no record of any downloads but
today it says there are 140.  It seems there is a daily update of stats but
instant notification of errors.  One thing I like about App Market is I can
see stack traces when a user encounters an unexpected error.

I did a build to fix one of the errors, but due to a mistake skipped a
number so now it is build 0.0.11.  The error related to reporting of errors
and you will probably not notice so build 0.0.9 is fine.

Hey, I just noticed something.  Key 'Android Bible' into Google and see what
is second in the list behind Olive Tree.

Best Regards
Martin