[mobile-devel] search indexes in And-Bible

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 01:41:11 MST 2010

Hi Matthew,

I had to modify the JSword indexing code to make it work on devices with
such limited amounts of memory but this is the first time I have heard of a
problem, unless people have been keeping quite.  If anybody else has
indexing problems it is a good time to speak up.

Can you give some more information like Android version, sd card size and
free space, module being indexed, locale of mobile, make & model of mobile,
anything else you think may be relevant.

With regard to manual download of indexes they will/should work although I
haven't tested that for a while.  It was my intention to manually download
indexes from Crosswire anyway but I haven't done that yet.  It may sound odd
but it seems that Sword generated indexes work more reliably than JSword
generated indexes on and-bible, which is probably due to other changes I
made, so you can generate them using a Sword based application and manually
install them.

In previous versions they were stored in sdcard/jsword/lucene/Sword but now,
to allow for auto-uninstall, they are generated to the appropriate module
sub-dir
of /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/net.bible.android.activity/files/lucene/Sword
e.g. ESV indexes are in ../lucene/Sword/ESV.  And Bible does not seem to
find them if they are in sdcard/jsword/lucene/Sword which may be a bug.

Best regards
Martin