[mobile-devel] French translation

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 13:04:50 MST 2010

Thanks Mario,

I am afraid there is no automation unless somebody else can suggest an
appropriate tool.  You would just open the English strings.xml in a text
editor and also open the French strings.xml and look for missing xml tags to
see which strings were never translated and then as a second pass compare
the English text in each tag with the French tag to see if the text has
changed.

E.g.
You will see that help_text_long, no_sdcard_error, help, ... were never
translated
You might also notice that help_text has changed slightly and could be
re-translated
Occasionally I may delete a piece of text e.g. use_folder has been deleted
and is no longer required in the translations but it will do no harm to
leave it there.

An alternative approach might be to start from scratch by pasting all the
English text into a new file and translating each English sentence again,
copy-pasting from the previous translation as required.

I see there are about 90 strings to translate now and I should possibly take
a more formal approach.

Best regards
Martin