[mobile-devel] mobile-devel Digest, Vol 15, Issue 17

Dirk Kaiser dkaiser at pactec.net
Sat Jul 17 21:51:23 MST 2010

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the offer, but at this point, our organization is hedging our
bets on the Android platform as being the "winner" in the Smartphone wars.
Maybe not a winner in the sense of being the market leader, but certainly
the leader in the ability to be open and allow apps to be installed at will
and not restricted like the iPhone.  Also, with an open source OS, we expect
that manufacturers will be creating plenty of lower end phones for the
emerging markets that both Apple and Blackberry won't go after.  Don't get
me wrong, both the Blackberry and iPhones are wonderful technology; it's
just that Android is the most missions friendly OS out there.

Likewise, we are expecting that today's technology will make it to the field
within the next 4-5 years.  These are places that have gone from no phones
direct to mobile phones and we want to be prepared to resource these regions
of the world.

With GoBible, I really like your idea of being able to swap in/out the
different bibles without the recompile.  Keep up the good work in that area!

- Dirk