[mobile-devel] Questions related to Android bible development

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 01:46:03 MST 2010

Hi,

Can anybody help with the following?

*License*
Currently AndBible is intending to use LGPL because JSword, which it uses,
specifies LGPL.  However, I notice most Sword applications use GnuGPLv2.
 Are there any issues I should be aware of regarding license selection?

*Name*
AndBible is a bit meaningless and simplistic I have thought of various other
names which maybe you could give your opinion on:

   - Bible
   - Study Bible
   - International Study Bible
   - World Study Bible
   - and the word
   - and God said
   - Sword on Android
   - Android Sword

or stick with AndBible.

*Icons and Graphics*
This is a real weak area of mine.  Has anybody got some good icons for the
application, search, change passage, change document, history, back/forward,
commentary, etc.

*Foreign Text*
I only speak/read English.  Has any of you speaking another language used
AndBible for modules in different languages and what was your experience?

Kind regards
Martin