[mobile-devel] Android bible

David Forslund forslund at mail.com
Mon Jul 5 15:17:43 MST 2010

My model is the PalmBiblePlus (http://palmbibleplus.sourceforge.net).
It has a very clean and efficient interface.   Your android bible
doesn't need to look it at all, necessarily.  I think a table of the
books of the OT and the NT in a simple grid alphabetically arranged (all
on one screen) that can be selected works to select the bible.  For the
Chapter a screen showing each chapter number in a 2-d grid.  Once
selected, it could show you the list of verses.  Selecting on the grid
cell on each screen takes you to the next screen or for the verse screen
to the verse.  An OK button on each screen would simply take you to the
first item on the list.  I think these point and click grids are much
faster than scrolling down to the book and chapter in a very long
scrolling list.

The other feature that works well for me is the ability to go to the
next or previous chapter by pressing an arrow (the arrow might come up
dynamically when you move the screen and go away after a few seconds to
release the screen real estate).   A simple stack memory of the previous
chapters viewed would make it easy to navigate between a set of verses.
Stored bookmarks also are helpful in more general situations where you
want to jump around amongst a set of verses in various books.

Perhaps this helps?

Dave