[mobile-devel] Greetings

Tóth Tamás tomika_nospam at freemail.hu
Wed Jan 13 06:23:46 MST 2010

Hi Barry,

I'm sorry to inform you but none of express editions (2005-2010)
supports mobile development. You need at least VS2005 Standard, VS2008
Professional or VS2010 Premium editions to build code for mobile
devices. Of course you might want to fall back to VC4 but than you can
use only WinCE 2002/2003 SDKs. WinMo 5 SDK and higher requires
VisualStudio .NET or newer. (This is why I use VS2005, it is the
cheapest way I've found for developing for the latest WinMo platforms
~$50 CD&Key).

I'm not planning to write any specific code that requires newer than
WinMo 5, so no need to worry about it.

I've found the text searching code part in the sword library but I don't
want to use it since WinMo has no setlocale compatible stricmp method
that it's built on.
I'm planning to implement an utf-8 supporting search method specific for
SwordReader.

So I'll start the development and inform you if I reach my primary goals
and want to commit code changes. Until then I check my e-mails regularly.

About bible texts: I'll check this OSIS format and I'll contact the
licence holders of course.

Regards,
    Tommy