[mobile-devel] SwordReader - preferences

David Trotz dtrotzjr at readingplanner.com
Sat Aug 2 18:16:52 MST 2008

Guys,
I was thinking and realized that a few of you may not know this but for
preferences we will be using the SWConfig class to save any preferences
to a file. I know this contradicts typical windows thinking where
everything goes into that stinking registry, but I (after persuasion
from Troy 6 years ago) feel that .conf files are the better way to go.
For one a user can delete their .conf file if things go wrong, and
second, when they want every trace of SwordReader off of their device
its as easy as deleting their sword directory (except a wince CAB file
does put an uninstall entry in the registry), so actually its as easy as
uninstalling then deleting the sword directory. ;-) Anyhow there is a
m_confOptions in SRMainFrame that we can use for preferences. I know Al
Sites was thinking of starting a preferences page so I figured I would
put this info out there.
In Christ,
David Trotz