[mobile-devel] SwordReader CAB 090alpha2

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Sat Aug 2 03:03:48 MST 2008

Hi David .........

David Trotz wrote:
> I should have done this prior to the CAB file release but I forgot. I
> ran the code through several memory and resource leak detection tests
> and patched up all known memory leaks. So I have updated the CAB files.
> If you downloaded the CAB files earlier, re-download them.
First can I say this is FANTASTIC work.  You've done a great job.
Something odd: the first .cab I installed before the above fix seems to
have had some work done to try to resolve the urlclicked problem: it
shows a familiar looking messagebox containing (usually) the initial
letter of the string it is supposed to show.  This is very familiar.  I
had the same result in my early work last year.  It had to do with wide
string conversion.  I resolved it by doing this:
> // force a parse of the entry
> 	mod->RenderText();
> 	MessageBox(0, strtowstr(mod->getEntryAttributes()["Footnote"][footnoteNumber]["body"]), L"Footnote", MB_OK);
> 	// setting module, book chapter and verse in SwordIndex seem to need numbers
> 	// this is a pain ........  needs re-thinking ........

Now, it's a long time ago so I can't remember the details, but I seem to
remember that the strtowstr call was the fix needed.  I can dig out more
information because I kept a well noted copy of each stage of the work
on simplenavigator.cpp.  I think I remember some later changes to
strtowstr: I haven't checked that out.

The thing is, the second (fixed) cab is back to showing the raw url http
ref unresolved.  Need any help with this?

Other than that, as I say FANTASTIC.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com