[jsword-devel] References containing canonical text

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 10:08:28 MST 2015

The main issue is not related to the osisRef attribute but to the content
of the reference tag - 'muqaddas' - being excluded by getCanonicalText()
and AB code.  The problem here is quite significant because it would appear
to users as though some words had been removed from the Bible.  I wanted to
check that by including reference tag content I should not be breaking
anything else.  In the normal AB Bible view the ref tag content is properly
displayed but in certain secondary views where simple text is required e.g.
when messaging, references are currently ignored.

There may be another issue with the above example, because of the
complexity of the osisRef attribute but that is not John's primary
concern.  Although I believe John has raised an issue regarding multiple
refs in an osisRef before.  iirc AB just uses the first ref, which also
isn't perfect.

Martin