[jsword-devel] FYI, Macs & Java

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Tue Feb 19 12:35:46 MST 2013

I came across this which may be of interest to people here.

FYI, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21510791

Apple said it had taken measures to protect users from vulnerabilities in
Java, a widely-used programming language that was found to have serious
security flaws.

"Since OS X Lion, Macs have shipped without Java installed, and as an added
security measure OS X automatically disables Java if it has been unused for
35 days," the company said.

"To protect Mac users that have installed Java, today we are releasing an
updated Java malware removal tool that will check Mac systems and remove
this malware if found."