[jsword-devel] Dependency Injection discussion

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 06:59:46 MST 2012

Are there any plans to integrate a dependency injection framework into
JSword in the future?  Not that I am requesting it but I recently looked
into dependency injection to see how it would fit in the context of And
Bible.

I looked at a few libraries and the only generic library that seems to
stand out is Guice.  Only the "no aop" library can be used with Android
i.e. guice-3.0-no_aop.jar because Android doesn't support bytecode
generation.  Spring IOC could not be used on Android because of it's size.

I thought I would mention the above in case it was thought that a DI
framework would be too much for Android,  After investigating DI I decided
not to migrate And Bible to use DI at present because I would need to do
more work to gain any benefits, but may migrate the code in the future.

Martin