[jsword-devel] Mac OS X Lion

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Thu Jul 28 04:36:32 MST 2011

On Jul 28, 2011, at 12:23 AM, Tonny Kohar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 8:26 PM, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:
>> Just installed it last night. Doesn't have Java installed. (Clearly Java's
>> future on Mac is questionable.) The first time a Java app is run, the user
>> is offered the opportunity to download it.
>>
>> Running BibleDesktop, I didn't see any problems. It appears to have the Lion
>> look and feel built in.
>>
>> Interested in other's experiences....
>>

> Since I do not have Mac to test, how is the java application feel
> there. Is it smooth ?

BD was a bit slow the very first time I opened the program. Subsequent times were the same as on Snow Leopard.

> How is the Java download prompt/dialog?
The first time you run anything that requires Java (e.g. a program, an applet...) a dialog box shows up that Java needs to be installed. The user can chose not to install Java.

> Does it confusing or really
> smooth there ?
It could be confusing. The dialog looks like it comes from the OS, but I guess that one might think it was from a suspicious source. Maybe worth a mention on your download page.

In Him,