[jsword-devel] Hebrew/Greek defs as tooltips

Yingjie Lan lanyjie at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 09:32:19 MST 2010

> no I didn't subclass JToolTip.
> I just create a panel with scrollbar (JScrollPane) and the
> JEditorPane
> (with html renderer enabled). Then embed that panel into
> javax.swing.Popup
> eg:
> popup = PopupFactory.getSharedInstance().getPopup(owner,
> myTooltipPanel, prefPoint.x, prefPoint.y);
> popup.show();

Hi Tonney, thanks a lot, this is a very nice technical know-how, good for the job at hand. Maybe later I should use the approach you have suggested.

@DM: I am attaching three files: two modified java file (Desktop.java, TextPaneBookDataDisplay.java), one new file (URITipHelper.java) to make tooltips displaying defs/morphs. If you commit these files, you should have the feature. Clicking on the links still work as before. You can disable the click behavior later when you feel comfortable about it. Maybe having both ways to view defs/morphs is also just fine.

Regards,
Yingjie