[jsword-devel] Hebrew/Greek defs as tooltips

Yingjie Lan lanyjie at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 11 17:29:51 MST 2010

> > I want to affirm this effort as well. I wonder if
> there is a way to give access to lemma and morphology
> information without having to see the Strong's number,
> lemma, or morphology codes. I know that many users will want
> to see the Strong's numbers, but for those who are trying to
> read in a fluid fashion this clutters the screen. It would
> be nice to have access to the information without cluttering
> the screen. BibleTime implements this nicely using sword. I
> would think that jsword could handle this as well, though I
> speak from ignorance. Perhaps words themselves could be a
> link without the underlined blue text? There is just so much
> to commend BibleDesktop/Alkitab already. This would really
> move things forward when it comes to reading Greek and
> Hebrew
>
> Any implementation of a tooltip for this info is a great
> plus. And it can be improved from there. Once Yingjie gets a
> good implementation going we should put it in and do a
> release.

I agree. Let's start with the basic implementation, with a flexible design aiming at future improvements.

Currently, the basic impl could just show the hebrew/greek def when the mouse hovering over a strong's number or the lemma/morph def when hovering over a lemma/morph code.

@DM: I'd be glad to get this done and hopefully soon.
@All: thanks for your participation in this effort and throwing in new ideas and let's keep it open that way and together make it a pleasant thing to use.

Yingjie