[jsword-devel] regex searching

trent.jsword at trentonadams.ca trent.jsword at trentonadams.ca
Wed Feb 24 08:14:50 MST 2010

Yeah, I think it is needed, sometimes certain things are very difficult to find.  For example, if you know part of a word, but not the complete word, you might try something like this.

wash.*word

This would find all words that start with wash, and have any text between that and "word".

As an example, try "wash.*word" in here...
http://www.trentonadams.ca/biblesearch/

I was able to get the results I wanted in jsword, by either giving exactly what I wanted "+washing +word", or by putting "word" and "wash" in the fields "includes these words" and the "include words starting with" respectively, and using the prioritized searching.  It would have been much easier, if there was a checkbox beside the search box that said "regex", and I just typed what I wanted.

So yeah, a simple searcher that just read all biblical raw text, and applied regular expressions to it would be awesome.