[jsword-devel] Alkitab 1.0 released

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Jun 11 01:40:24 MST 2008

Ok,

short review if 1.0. No need to praise it because you know it is great :-)

Problems identifed:

1) IDE remnants:

Under Tools - Plugins
Under Help - Logfile

2) Display of different script Bibles. Please look at attached screenshot

a) It deals wonderfully with several changes of direction. Everything on
that count is correct.
b) it does not find the font predefined by the module for the Peshitta -
 maybe the user does not have it installed, maybe the path is wrong - so
I think the programme needs some way of resetting the standard font for
a module and/or informing the user of which font is required for the
module - same applies to Nova Sahidica - it looks odd as the font used
seems to provide Coptic as an afterthought, so I would want to change
this, but I can not from within the programme.

3) double clicking of modules in the bookshelf- still appears to work
only erratically. But Return works fine.

>System Info:
  Product Version         = Alkitab Bible Study 1.0 (Build 200806091000)
  Operating System        = Linux version 2.6.22-14-386 running on i386
  Java; VM; Vendor        = 1.6.0_03; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
1.6.0_03-b05; Sun Microsystems Inc.
  Runtime                 = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.6.0_03-b05
  Java Home               = /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.03/jre
  System Locale; Encoding = en_GB (alkitab); UTF-8

Peter