[jsword-devel] Locale for Alkitab

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Jul 30 01:21:15 MST 2008

Tonny Kohar wrote:

> Based on the feedback, the result of that tool (eg Google Translation)
> is strange and will alienated the user and require human to recheck
> the result and correcting any incorrect verb,grammer,phrase, etc

Exactly.

I do think with some basic understanding of a language and good
dictionaries you can achieve a lot - but even then someone whose
language is the target language will need to do a lot of checking.

Having said this - if you manage to create an Indonesian form of
Al-Kitab, I do think this could go a long way towards us finally getting
again Indonesian Bible modules.

I found having something already in place is often good argument to get
more from copyright holders.

God bless you

Peter