[jsword-devel] persistent naming

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 04:17:24 MST 2007

Persistent naming regards how JSword handles references it finds.
Basically, JSword allows the user or module (e.g. a cross reference)
to provide almost any input for a Bible book name and it will do it's
best to figure out what is wanted.
For example "i corinth 7:2" will be understood as 1 Corinthians 7:2.
Once it figures it out it can output one of three things:
1) i corinth 7:2  leave the input exactly as the user entered it
(this is Persistent Naming)
2) 1 Cor 7:2 abbreviate it
3) 1 Corinthians 7:2 use the full name (This is the Full Name setting)

If you and Peter can come up with a better name or tooltip we can
change it to make it clearer.

In Him,
	DM