[jsword-devel] Lucene searching improved

Joe Walker joseph.walker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 07:01:35 MST 2005

Thanks DM, this all looks like the sensible thing to do. I've been
mulling over the PassageTally thing, but I've not worked out a reason
why it was as it was yet. I need to get my head around how it affects
best match searching properly, but since it fixes a very clear problem
it sounds good to me.

On RocketPassage - it certainly used to be the fastest; I spent some
time ages ago tweaking it to include the best of the other Passage
implementations, however since then you've fixed a few issues in
BitwisePassage (IIRC) so it may well no longer be optimal. Maybe I was
engaging in a bit of premature optimization!

Joe.