[jsword-devel] Releases

DM Smith jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:55:37 -0500

Joe Walker wrote:

>OK, so I'll do a v0.97 fairly soon.
>
>In the long term, do we think that nightly binary/source .zips are useful?
>I'm tempted to think that JNLP/CVS covers both well.

JNLP delivers just binary. I think it is sufficient. (I'm a bit biased)
CVS delivers source, but a whole lot more. I think if we were to create src
zips along with the jars and put them in the nightly jnlp directory that
would be good.

As a matter of delivery structure for the batch envrionment it is:
     bin/
     lib/
     resource/

for jnlp it is
     jnlp/

If we build:
     bin/ with the shell scripts
     lib/ with signed jars (including resource.jar) and jnlp file

this would merge the two into one directory structure in the build, on the
website and for those that want to download and run locally, from local
disk.

>Continuing nightly JNLP sounds like a good idea to me.
>
>I'm going to delete all the ZeroG installers, because I'm not sure they are
>of any use to anyone and probably just confuse.

I think that the website should also be restructured wrt the download and
installation.