Blank Display was Re: [jsword-devel] Patch for clean install

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:06:58 +0000

No you didn't see that. You made it up I'm sure.
I though I saw it once, but now I repeatably never see it. So it can't
have happened to me either ;-)

I used to be able to make it happen simply by deleting the contents of
the .jsword directory, now I can't even reproduce it by deleting the
directory.
I've even tried creeping up on the computer and running it while it
isn't looking, but that didn't work either.

I looks to me as though sometime during the OuterDisplayPane() ctor the
thread just disappears.
I've moved the gui startup inside the try/catch block and made it catch
Throwable just in case.
So I'd be interested to know what you get now.

Joe.