[jsword-devel] Dead code?

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:02:43 +0000

java/sword[test] is a set of compatibility APIs that allow people used
to the C++ API to use JSword without too much re-learning.
That's the theory at least. I don't currently see a huge demand for it,
so I've resolved to myself that I'll put more time into it just as soon
as someone want to use it.

java/map[test] is an idea I had a while ago. The ser search engine does
a best match, and you get find some interesting references out simply by
typing verses from the Bible into the best matcher.
So the mapper goes through each verse in the Bible one by one and types
each one into the best-matcher to make a huge "attraction-map" that
knows how different verses are related to each other. This is then
aggragated on a chapter by chapter basis and plotted to give you a map
of how Biblical verses are related to each other. There are various
rules to define how the layout works. That's the idea at least - I have
managed to get a decent map out of it, but it is tricky.

At some stage I think we should split jsword out into separate projects.
I've vaguely thought that the best time would be just after  the next
milestone, and at the same time that we give the Swing GUI a new name.

Joe.