[jsword-devel] Updates

Joe Walker joe at eireneh.com
Wed Jul 7 15:04:56 MST 2004

Joe Walker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've applied your patch DM, thanks.
> I've also done a bit of work, which while not 100% yet I've committed to
> avoid too much merge hassle.
>
> I tweaked the search framework to use Key and KeyList in place of
> Passage. This means that (in theory) searches should work with any Book
> and not just Bibles.
>
> The s/Passage/Key theme has echoed around a while so quite a few files
> are changed, hence the check in. I hope the merge isn't a hassle DM.

Few more echos. It occurs to me that the whole PassageFactory thing is a
poor idea. It is against I18N because it isn't going to cope with
non-english versifications very well and there is an alternative in
PassageKeyFactory.

In an ideal world since Book is-a from KeyFactory, we shouldn't really
need KeyFactory, I think.