[jsword-devel] Newbie question ....

Aleksander Rozman - Andy jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:00:53 +0100

At 27.1.2004, you wrote:
>G'day Ed.
>
>         JSword uses the Sword modules (but doesn't need the Sword
> engine).  I've got the modules installed in /usr/local/share/sword/ on my
> machine because that's the Sword default.  I don't know if JSword allows
> you to put modules elsewhere.  You may have to wait until Joe (lead
> developer) gets back.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Paul.
><><

Hi Paul and Ed!

Jsword engine allows you to put modules elsewhere. You can do this in two ways:
1. when calling application specify "-Djsword.bible.dir=<some_dir>"
2. Start application go to : Tools->Options, there is option Sword and base
directory, this is what you must change

Be carefull, once you change you will be able to access bibles (and other
things), only in that directory. It might be best option to create some
directory *for example data in subdirectory of JSword and put all bibles
You want there in, you must have two dirs there mods.d and modules.

Andy