[Ichthux-devel] Deveolper (Victor Castro)

Victor Hugo Castro victorhugo83 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 14:21:10 MST 2006

     My name is Victor Castro and I'm interested in
contributing to the Ichthux Linux Project.  I'd be
interested in becoming a Developer and/or packager.
On the packaging side, I'd have to leave a bit about
the debian packaging system since I have mainly
developed for RPM based systems.
     I'm currently a Platform Engineer for a company
called Reactivity in Silicon Valley where I mainly
write and debug kernel device drivers and also modify
RHEL3 to suite our needs.  Before my present job, I
worked for Penguin Computing on the Scyld Linux
distributiion which focused on Clustering.  Even
before that, I worked for PSSC Labs in Southern
Callifornia also with Linux Clustering.  I've also
witten a few articles for Linux Journal magazine and
Linux Gazette, and hopefully one coming out soon on
PyUnit.
     Being an avid Christian myself, I think Ichthux
Linux is a great idea for churches and congregations,
especially ones who have a small budget for which to
spend on computer resources.  I also feel that such
churches would also benefit from accounting and
management software which would replace current costly
software.  Also, keeping small congregations with low
budgets in mind, having the distribution run on small
inexpensive hardware would also be desirable.
     I think this is a great idea and hopefully you
will let me join to help develop Ichthux Linux.  Thank
you and God Bless.

-Victor