[Ichthux-devel] Sword texts

Daniel Glassey wdg at debian.org
Thu Nov 30 03:08:36 MST 2006

On 30/11/06, Justus at piater.name <Justus at piater.name> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> it's me again: I noticed that you are also the Debian maintainer of
> sword-text-web. There are a number of Sword modules that are not
> available as Debian packages yet, but that I would like to have.
>
> Would it make sense to debianize more of them, or is their
> (non-Debian) installation considered so easy that it does not really
> matter?
>
> I might help, and perhaps eventually become a maintainer myself,
> depending on what's involved. Will an analysis of existing
> sword-text-* packages suffice to get an idea? Or can you give any
> other advice?

IMHO the non-Debian installation is so easy now that they aren't
needed. When I first made the packages I agreed that they would be
enough because any more would be too much data to add to Debian. Also,
some of the modules can only be distributed by crosswire because of
the licences.
Since them some other people have made modules for non-english texts
which have been accepted into Debian but those need to be done on a
case bycase basis.

Afair the Ichthux team might be packaging some more modules for their
distro so hopefully you can help them. I've cc'd them for ideas.

Regards,
Daniel