[Ichthux-devel] New website, release plan and more

Jordan Mantha mantha at chem.unr.edu
Mon Aug 21 09:33:42 MST 2006

Raphaël Pinson wrote:
> Le Lundi 21 Août 2006 02:41, David (Mailing List Addy) a écrit :
>
>> On Saturday 19 August 2006 10:50, Raphaël Pinson wrote:
>>
>>>   * I have been working on metapackages, the (K/X)Ubuntu way. The result
>>> is a set of packages, available on http://archive.ichthux.com (when my
>>> server is up), that will turn any (K/X)Ubuntu Dapper installation into an
>>> Ichthux one by simply installing the ichthux-desktop package. Most of the
>>> Ichthux work will now be done in these metapackages. The great news is
>>> that it seems we'll be able to put these ichthux-* packages in Ubuntu
>>> itself, so we do not have to keep a separate repository and we can work
>>> in upstream directly.
>>>
>> I notice you have core kde packages are there any requirements of those if
>> I'm running Kubuntu Dapper (I'm trying to stay away from 3rd party core
>> packages as much as possible atm)
>>

> What do you mean by third-party core packages? KDE core is part of Kubuntu
> core, it's not third-party...

He means that there are core KDE packages in the archive. The packages
are your experimental ones for testing Konqueror integration but are not
part of icthux-desktop. I think that we should split out components by
adding a grace experimental repo (so having main and experimental) so
that we still have a repo to play around with without getting in the way
of people getting just the stuff they need for ichthux-desktop.

-Jordan