[Ichthux-devel] The Future if IchthuX

David Blue linuxdave at frontiernet.net
Thu Oct 20 07:23:44 MST 2005

Ok, so I had some ideas about what we can do with the future of IchthuX.

1)I think we should consider moving to (k)ubuntu as a base rather than knoppix
because (k)ubuntu is supposed to have better laptop support

2)We need better support for unicode, particularly for greek and hebrew (and
possibly other biblical languages)

3)Update to at least kde3.4. There have been a *lot* of usability enhancements
and other fixes since the version we're currently using

4)Artwork. I don't mind our current artwork, but the boot splash and ksplash
and everything basically having the same design/layout doesn't help accent
what's going on, perhaps we could switch to a different ksplash engine so the
splash screen looks much more like the boot spalsh (which is what suse 10 has
done)

5)Packaging, just an idea I've been kicking around is to have a repository for
the various installers (apt,yast,yum,urpmi,etc) for the various
opensource/linux christian programs. So you could have something like

packages.ichthux.org/yast/suse10.0

With suse 10.0 packages in it

or

packages.ichthux.org/yum/fc4
packages.ichthux.org/urpmi/mandravia10.1

etc