Fwd: [Ichthux-devel] Fwd: IRC meeting on Tuesday May 10, 10 PM GMT

Ben Armstrong synergism at gmail.com
Tue May 10 04:14:06 MST 2005

On 5/10/05, Raphaël Pinson <raphink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm 18:30 ADT is 00:30 CEST... that's not really a compromise since the idea
> was to be able to sleep after the talk ;) A comprimise would be to plan it a
> bit earlier, not later.

You originally proposed 10 PM GMT (17:00 ADT).  ADT is UTC-3 and CEST
is UTC+2, so your calculation is off.  There is a 5 hour difference,
not 6.  18:30 ADT is indeed as compromise, being a half hour earlier
than your original proposal.

See:

http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/

I'm on a tight schedule tonight.  I get off work at 4:40 and arrive
home at or shortly after 5:30.  Dinner is served immediately upon my
return, and I need to be present both to eat and clean up afterwards.
Since my wife has a dental appointment, I am the sole "parent on duty"
to oversee & direct these activities.  I can try to be available for
18:00 ADT (21:00 UTC, 23:00 CEST) but that is the earliest possible
time for me; don't be surprised if I am late, or at least splitting my
time between irc and making sure the kids are engaged in fun &
non-destructive activities after dinner. ;)

Possible additional agenda items for the meeting:

- inclusion of non-free addendum to Ichthux core:
  - sword modules with non-free licenses
  - PitP
- brief report on the goings on at Valencia & implications for Ichthux
- anything else?

Ben