[Ichthux-devel] Penguin in the Pew Available

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Wed May 4 22:34:58 MST 2005

On Wed, 04 May 2005 14:57:12 -0700
"Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:

<SNIP>

> If you would allow me to include my personal purpose statement with my
> software, and still publish it on a Debian CD, then why is there a
> problem including PitP on the Debian CD.  This was my only point.
>
> Thanks for the interaction.  I enjoy exploring these principles _on
> occasion_.
>
> 	-Troy.

Well, I did notice the statement that the summary is not binding.  However,
I also think that would be a technicality.  I think can understand some of
the Debian-legal folks' concerns, and hope that they have communicated these
with Creative Commons, and that some sort of dialogue exists between the
two. I also think some of their concerns are a little too pessimistic.

That said, I cannot see releasing a book under the terms of a software
license.  Perhaps we'll have to settle for a link to matheteuo.org.  It is,
after all, one of the few sites that actually links to most/all of the sites
in the Christian FOSS community (though Ichthux has done a better job than
others), and serves as an important portal for many who have just read PitP
1.0 or one of my articles.  People can learn plenty about PitP from the site
itself.  Our portal pages include a number of useful links to the larger
FOSS community as well.

I will see what I can do to make some of the material available for
inclusion with Ichthux.  If it is not possible, so be it.

Blessings,
Don
--
evangelinux    GNU Evangelist