[Ichthux-devel] Penguin in the Pew Available

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Wed May 4 13:31:00 MST 2005

I'm a little confused here by this issue.

I don't think PitP is the most offending text.
 From Ben's arguments, it sounds like absolutely no text resources
available for the SWORD engine could be included, as well.

I think Debian needs to rethink their maturing stance on documentation
while it is still in its infancy.

For example, I would hope to be able to include my _purpose statement_
in a document on a CD and expect it to remain unchanged.  It is my point
of view.  No one else has the authority to change my _purpose
statement_.  They are welcome to copy, adopt, and adapt my point of view
as their own, or not, but I expect my posted purpose statement to remain
unchanged by the community, at large.  And if Debian wants to include my
GPL'd software, which has a clause that says my purpose statement must
accompany the software unchanged, then Debian should be able to include
my software.

Thoughts?
	-Troy.