[Ichthux-devel] Penguin in the Pew Available

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Wed May 4 11:41:44 MST 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 02:39:53PM -0400, Don Parris wrote:

| Hmmm.  If I get the opportunity, I'll try to follow up on this this evening.
|  I *can* dual-license the book.  As far as I know, it's not too late to
| reconsider the licensing altogether.

AFAIK the copyright holder is allowed to license their copyrighted
work in any manner they choose at any time they choose.  This includes
giving users their choice of two or more licenses or licensing the
work specifically for certain users.

For example, if you license a given work (say a program) under a given
license (say the GPL) you could also choose to license the same
program under some terms to allow a specific company to alter and
rebrand the item (say in exchange for some compensation).  The
different recipients of your work are simply bound by different terms.

| Which of the CC licenses meet the DFSG?  Is that covered in the docs you've
| linked me to?

I don't know the answer to this.

HTH,
-D