[Ichthux-devel] Penguin in the Pew Available

Don Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Tue May 3 21:57:03 MST 2005

Well, I finished "Penguin in the Pew", and thought y'all would want to know
that it is available through Lulu.com.  Currently, you'll want to avoid the
printed edition - once I've had time to ensure the quality (get my review
copy), and have approved the book, you'll be o.k. ordering that as well.  I
anticipate that the print edition will follow about two or three weeks from
now.

The 'ol storefront is located at:  www.lulu.com/dcparris/

Part of the funds raised will go to supporting our advocacy efforts locally,
and possibly more than that, depending on how things work out.  For those
interested in supporting the effort, it would really boost the visibility of
the book if we can get enough orders to boost it into the Lulu BestSeller's
list.  (I understand it doesn't take much right now.)  Feel free to leave
reviews on the site.

Ichthux is mentioned, both in Chapter 14, and in the Guide To GNU/Linux
Distros.  I did get in touch with Preston (Apologetix), and he might
actually join this project - don't know yet.  For our French brothers: a
Belgian brother translated the original, and should be taking up translating
this edition as well.  The 1.0 version should be available on the main page
or the Computing@ Church page(matheteuo.org)

Blessings,
Don
--