Fwd: [Ichthux-devel] Artwork

Nigel Chapman nigel at chapman.id.au
Tue Apr 26 03:07:24 MST 2005

Marco Silva wrote:

>We are not fish, we are fisherman

Well, Jesus wasn't a fish either; it was just an acronym. :)  Here's my
reasoning behind the logo design I submitted (and am progressively
reworking as time allows).

A fish, esp. with the ICHTHUS title attached, has clear iconic value for
Christians, whom we want to notice the project without making it seem
tacky or off-putting to anyone else. And we want something friendly and
unique.

Now, fishermen aren't iconic, penguins with Bibles aren't unique,
penguins eating fish are just obscure...  But a colorful, friendly fish
with the 'ICHTHUS' project name should achieves the clearest and
strongest recognition and appeal across the board.

Nigel.

Nigel Chapman | Email,MSN: nigel at chapman.id.au
p a n t a + s u n e r g e i + e i s + a g a t h o n