[Ichthux-devel] CVS?

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:53:56 MST 2005

Hi David,

We will certainly need a CVS.
I think the main thing for now is to make it a CDD officially (Daniel and/or
Ben can do that) and get the tools that we need to work on it as a CDD.

Daniel and I will almost certainly go to Valencia on the 5th and 6th of May
for an Open-Source Congress that will take place there, and will
particularly deal with education and CDDs. Therefore it would be very good
that we have enough to present there. I would really enjoy that we have
already a basic installation CD and a good Live CD to present and maybe
distribute (at least as beta) for this Congress. This seems not a totally
impossible goal to reach, since there are great tools being developped to
make CDDs easily, such as simple-cdd that can let us easily customize the
Debian installer for our goal. Most of the packages we want to include
already exist for Debian, and we can work on making metapackages which
should be quite fast imo.

I bought today the ichthux.org <http://ichthux.org> domain, so as to be sure
we own it. It points to the ichthux wiki now, and we have begun to create
email addresses for the members of the staff.

To me, the goals we can have now are :
- making Ichthux a CDD officially by mailing the announce mailing-list (we
need Daniel or Ben to do this)
- getting used to the CDD tools and planning the tasks and who's gonna do
each thing
- making a CVS
- preparing a beta version that could be used for presentation in Valence
next month

Raphaël