[Ichthux-devel] BibleTime (sword) - Module request

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 07:29:20 MST 2005

Hi Cristian,

There are many talks about ichthux lately, as we plan to make it a custom
debian distribution.

I have tried lately to make a special edition of ichthux-live that would
include all the sword modules and many KDE localizations, but the sword
modules take a lot of space.
I have thus chosen to include in ichthux only modules in the languages
supported by the KDE localization of the live CD (and not even all the
modules), with the addition of the original texts (old hebrew and old
greek).

Anyway, you can still use these modules by installing them while running the
ichthux live CD. In BibleTime :
- go to the "Configuration" ~ "Sword configuration" menu
- click on the "Install/Update modules" tab
- click "Connect to source"
- select the modules you wish to add

The modules will be added to the ~/.sword dir (whereas the modules
preinstalled in ichthux are installed in /usr/share/sword).
This means you will have to reinstall them at next boot, unless you save
your configuration. You can do so by using the knoppix menu (with the
penguin, immediate right to the KDE menu) in the bottom bar and choosing
Configure ~ Save knoppix configuration.

Thanks for reporting and God bless

Raphaël