[Ichthux-devel] Re: Introducing Ichthux as a possibly new CDD

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Mon Apr 11 23:19:37 MST 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Raphaël Pinson wrote:

> We are now thinking of making Ichthux a CDD, and include it as such in
> the Debian project.
According to your forewarded letter this would make sense.

> Any comments and ideas are welcome :)
If I were you I would start with reading

       http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/ch-starting.en.html

Just tell me if something is missing in this doc.

> The immediate conclusions are obvious :
> - all these projects are based on Debian
> - all these projects plan to include Christians apps (including
> obviously the sword project and GUI such as BibleTime and/or
> GnomeSword)
> - all these projects have too few developers and lack means of hosting
> their work
Very typical situation for starting a CDD.

> It seems everyone agrees that merging the projects would make it a
> stronger one without modifying the goals of each one.
This is important.

> Everyone agrees that the
> distribution should contain also non-Christian apps for a general use
It would be interesting to just pray for an 'echo' because you refuse to
install coreutils which does not contain Christian apps (like /bin/echo). ;-)

> (although they might be ``christian-tuned'').
So you might patch echo to: "Good sais: ..." :)

> Once this is set, there is a need for :
> 1) a website to manage the project
See the URL above.
> 2) a staff with tasks for everyone
> 3) a place to host the products (ISOs and packages)
www.debian.org ?
... at least in case you decide for a CDD.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

Disclaimer: I only can be of any help in technical facts because as an atheist
I'm completely incompetent regarding the problems of this project.

--
http://fam-tille.de