[bt-devel] Proposed change for BibleTime

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 10:39:12 MST 2018

Jaak,

I have updated the mv2 branch on my BibleTime repository. I am about
ready to merge into the main repository. It has the following features:

Continuously scrolling works windows across chapter and book boundaries.
Page Up/Down keys can be used to move the text. Also, the scroll bar,
mouse wheel, touchpad scrolling, etc. All of this works for all works
types.

Auto scrolling of the active works window. Start scrolling with Shift-Up
or Shift-Down. Increase speed by repeating Shift-Up/Down. Use the space
bar to toggle the pausing. Hit any other key to completely stop. Also,
changing the active window stops it. The shortcuts are in the main
window group and can be changed using the Settings/Configure dialog.
Changed the Copy context menu to ask for the first and last key name
that will copy to the clipboard. It can copy an entire book of the
Bible, but it does have limit if the first and last are to far apart.

The Personal commentary can be viewed like any other work. Now you can
mouse click a verse and a dialog appears to edit and save that verse.
You no longer have to open a separate "write" window to edit the
Personal commentary. This works even if the Personal commentary is part
of a parallel view. I believe it works so well that the "write" window
functionality should be removed.

All usage of QWebEngine has be removed. I would appreciate any comments
about these features.

Since this represent a large change of code in BibleTime, it would not
surprise me I have broken some feature. We will need a testing period.

Gary