[bt-devel] Bookshelf Wizard 2

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Sat Jan 9 06:16:31 MST 2016

Hello Gary,

thank you so much. This is amazing and works very well!

My opinion regarding the welcome screen:
- We could always show this screen if no works are installed.
- It could have a big but simple message about the neccessity to install works and a huge call-for-action »Yes« as well as a smaller »no later, thanks« type of button.
- So it is not really a welcome screen but instead a helper to get started and perform the neccessary post-installation steps that are unfortunately required to make BibleTime usable.

I also have some feedback about »Bookshelf Wizard 2«, if you allow and are interested:
- Wizard opens top left, not centered (not sure if this is intended).
- We could improve the description text that explains what this wizard does.
- Choose remote libraries: the buttons are too small for me, text is cut off (»Remove« is wider than the button) - can you make this auto-size?
- If I only select one language to install works from, we should change the default grouping to just »Category« (without language).
- In the Progress Dialog, it would be more user friendly to not just show the module name (can be cryptic), but also the longer description like »Estonian Bible (Est)«.
- We could have more graceful feedback to the user if there are no languages for a source that modules can be installed from, no modules to be updated or no modules to be uninstalled. Currently it just shows an empty list without any comment.

This time I believe the implied changes would not cause so much work. You can already remove the old bookshelf manager IMHO.

With best regards,
Martin