[bt-devel] Possible bug where translations vary in verse numbers

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Sun Feb 7 16:58:55 MST 2016

On Saturday 16 January 2016 10:47:10 am John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> Hello, all, and thanks again for this fabulous software.
>
> Today, I had three translations in my reading window (RSV, Rotherham, ASV
> in that order) in sync with my personal commentary and Robertson's Word
> Pictures.  I tried to go to Mark 9:50 and it brought me to Mark 9:1.  I
> scrolled to the bottom and saw that the RSV ended with verse 48 (and the
> text that other translations had in verse 50).  There was no way for me to
> see verses 49 and 50 in the other translations.  I replaced RSV with KJV
> and it allowed me to do so (although it set the top of the Window to Mark
> 9:1).
<snip>

I've hit this problem again but this time it was not a difference in verses
between translations.  I have the same setup - RSV, Rotherham, ASV, Personal,
and Robertsons open.  I entered Heb 1:3 in the the scripture line edit and
all three translations showed me verses 1, 2, and 4. Verse 3 is missing.
Something is seriously wrong in the display.

I am running Debian Jessie with BibleTime 2.10.1.  Thanks - John