[bt-devel] Packaging ....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Thu May 29 03:37:18 MST 2014

Hi there ...   When Sword 1.7.3 is available as a Debian package (any
day now), I'm going to look at helping to make a Bibletime Debian
package.  At the moment, there are some problems that need a fix.
Firstly, in Ubuntu Trusty and Utopic - 32 bit and 64 bit - the build
script does not find CLucene.  My workaround was to put three symlinks
in /usr/lib/  I also notice that building from the most recent tarball,
there are some compiler warnings.  These can be patched in the Debian
build to allow the -Wall -Werror compiler flags which are mandatory in
Debian packaging, but it would be better if the source were altered.  I
gather you are working towards a new release, and that would be the one
to package.  Any chance of taking a look at the above?

God bless,        Barry Drake.