[bt-devel] BibleTime Mini ....

Barry Drake ubuntu.barry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 10:10:02 MST 2014

On 25/02/14 15:49, Костя Маслюк wrote:
> Strange, can you tell me more information about your device, os
> version? Current version 1.0.4 is supposed to run under armv5 devices
> with Android 2.3+. Default font is jGramond - freeware Gramond, it
> comes with application and not installed in android system. Qt should
> always draw characters correctly, use fallback fonts if given haven't
> something, but on android this seem not finished completely and
> schedule for fix this is unknown.

My device is a Huawei Ascend Y300-100 smartphone running
Ice-Cream-Sandwich 4.1.1.  Qt is drawing the characters correctly, but
the upsilon with circumflex - unicode character 1fe6 does not seem to be
in jGaramond at all, so it draws as a small square.  The default font in
Bibletime under Ubuntu seems to be the Ubuntu font and this works really
well.  The problem is definitely in the jGaramond font and not in the
app or in Qt.  I have downloaded jGaramond to my desktop and checked it
out - it does have character 1fe6 in there, so I can't understand why
this is not the case on the Android platform.  Is the one supplied old
or broken?  I got mine from: http://www.janthor.com/jGaramond/index.html.

God bless,        Barry.