[bt-devel] Bible time.

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 14:50:10 MST 2013

I can confirm Ubuntu 13.10 has BibleTime 2.9.2-1.  So I think the
comparable Mint will have the same version, maybe version 16?  I don't
use KDE, and I can see the text just fine here.  Ubuntu 13.04 has 2.9.1,
and there are no Ubuntu PPA's with the current version.  So, it seems
either you will have to upgrade Mint, compile the package from source,
or make your own ppa (unless someone else is making one, or knows of one).
Compiling is *in general* not too difficult, making a ppa, is a bit more
involved, and I am not sure about upgrading Mint, though it seems as
though it would be similarly easy to do, though for some reason I think
you need to simply reinstall the next version of Mint, instead of
upgrading... I could be wrong though, as I have only used Mint a little bit.

On 10/29/2013 02:14 AM, Gary Holmlund wrote:
> On 10/29/2013 6:02 AM, Henry Brinkman wrote:
>> Hi My name is Henry Brinkman. I am very new to Linux mint, and I have
>> downloaded Bible time as a study program. Thanks for creating it. My
>> problem is that the books wont open on the program. I click on the
>> Bible and the dictionary, but the Pages remain blank, except for a
>> quick flash of the words on the page.
>> Can you point me in the right direction.  I have just loaded a Linux
>> Mint 15.
>> I need my Bible Time!!!!!
>> Thanks guys/Girls :)
>>
>> Henry
>> brinkmanhenry at gmail.com
> Henry,
>
> You did not mention the BibleTime version, but I am guessing it is
> 2.9.1. There is a known issue where BibleTime did not work correctly
> with the QtWebKit 2.3 package. We have released BibleTime 2.9.2 which
> fixes this issue. That is the good news. The bad news is that I am not
> aware of a PPA with the 2.9.2 version. If you are capable of compiling
> BibleTime, the 2.9.2 version would fix this issue. I also know that
> Ubuntu 13.10 has the 2.9.2 version.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Gary Holmlund

Regards